Total Pageviews

Monday 4 July 2011

Summer!

Well  here we are into July, and it's been a while since I did anything here.  To all my many (4?  Is that all???) followers, my apologies. I am pretty sure you've all been waiting with baited breath for the latest words of wisdom to spill from my lips.  

Summer arrived at last!  It came on Saturday, and, believe it or not, it's still here! However, I believe non-summer is just over the horizon, and it'll be back to rain and grey skies in no time again.  However, I have made the most of it.  Spent Sunday in the garden, well the patio really, getting it tidied and swept etc, while Jennifer cut the grass.   Then we had a mini barbecue, just the two of us, which was rather lovely, relaxed as the sun went down and then back indoors for the evening. 


We've been following the Men's Singles at Wimbledon quite closely.  Being a big fan of Roger Federer, I was a little upset when he was knocked out.  However, being a bit of a shallow person, I changed my allegiance to Rafael Nadal.   So we spent Sunday afternoon indoors (wishing we could be outside of course) watching him play in the final against Novak Djokovic.   Sadly, Rafa lost, but to a very worthy opponent.   Next year, it's back to supporting Roger!! 


Having had a teensy little bit of a setback when my much anticipated Market debut was cancelled, I had put my sewing endeavours to one side for a little while.   However, I am now back with a vengeance, and have a new little design which I have produced.   Having now got a new charger for my camera, I will be able to get lots of piccies up of what I've produced lately.   They will, of course, be slightly better quality than the one above, as that one was taken with my phone, which isn't the greatest camera in the world.


This past Friday was one of the nicest days I've had for a while, as I was out in Glasgow, not once, but twice!    My social life knows no bounds.  Late morning, Eileen, Jennifer and I headed into town for lunch with my other daughter, Sarah!   




That's Sarah on the left, Eileen in the middle and Jennifer to the right.  Sadly Sarah and Jennifer had to go to work in the afternoon, but Eileen and I set off, with a few quid in our pockets, and did a wee bit of shopping.  I have a couple of nice new tops for the summer, while Eileen has a lovely new pair of shoes and some tops too.   Then it was home and, for me, back out again to meet up with some friends to go to a concert at The Ferry on the Clyde.   This was the first time I'd been there for a gig, and it is very nice indeed.  If there was someone playing there again that I wanted to see, I'd happily go along. 

Saturday was a busy-ish day too.  In fact, Saturday was party day!  Ethan, my youngest grandson, was a big boy of five!  Well actually he's not five till tomorrow, but his Mummy and Daddy thought a Saturday was the best day for his party, as nobody was working then, so all (apart from Granda) could come along.  Granda is in South Korea working just now, so couldn't quite make it.   Another birthday this week is Jennifer's. I won't mention how old she is, because if I did, she would have to kill me.  I think.   She already has two, yes TWO, birthday cards, so I suppose I will have to go out and buy one for her now too.  

Well, if you've got this far, you deserve a banana.   Well done!  And I'll try very hard not to take so long between blog posts as I have this time.

Enjoy the summer!  (It won't last).    


.

No comments:

Post a Comment