Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Back to life, back to reality.

Yes the cold has finally lifted and I feel fairly human again.  Still a little stuffed, but I can function, and don't want to sleep all the time any more (just some of the time).


As I've grown older I've begun to realise that some of the things I wanted to do in my life now won't happen.  I wanted to spend three months in America touring around.   Actually I had a rather romanticised notion of the whole family (us and four children) flying over, hiring a camper van, and just taking off, leaving the rest of the world behind for a few months.   I've revised that idea (well the children are all grown now and have mostly left home), and would like now to get two or three weeks over there with my husband, hire a car and either tour around the New England/Maine area or drive the Pacific Highway.  At the moment, the Pacific Highway is winning for me.  Or maybe Route 66, I love the idea of that.   Just have to save lots of money up now.


A long long time ago my husband said he would one day take me to Singapore.  That promise has still to be fulfilled - I don't blame him, as bringing up four children takes up a lot of time and money, so it was put on the back-burner.  However, there's the teensiest chance now that this will come to pass in the not too distant future.......watch this space!


So far, you'll notice, 'Things I wanted to do in my life' have comprised of travel.   Well that's because I love to travel.  I take the view that if you're on a plane, you're either going somewhere, which is exciting, or you're coming home from somewhere, so that was exciting too.   Anyway, there's one or two other things, some of which may or may not come to pass, but perhaps they're for another day.


In the meantime - be careful out there.


Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. That's deep, man. And never say never. You'll get to the States one day!

    ReplyDelete